Nanny Resume TemplatesThe tasks of a nanny refer to providing care for children in the employer's home. Usually, nannies have various tasks, but most of them refer to developing a safe and stimulating environment where children can fully develop emotionally, physically and mentally. Nannies can perform housework duties too.
Other duties of a nanny refer to preparing baby bottles or food for children; changing diapers, cleaning and bathing babies; supervising and helping older children bath; washing and ironing children's clothes for school and other activities. These skilled workers are also responsible for preparing the meals and food packages for children; they schedule various activities of children such as school, homework, playing, etc.
Your nanny resume should be based on two things: qualifications and passion. You can start your resume with a clear and enthusiastic objective which can describe your hopes and goals for your career. The objective statement can describe what type of position you are looking for and what skills and qualifications you have for the job. The next section you can add in your resume can be a qualifications summary where you write four or five sentences on your main capabilities. Your nanny resume needs to present information about previous duties in your past working experience.
In your nanny resume, you should offer details about every position you have held. You can mention the number of children you worked with, the settings where you worked and the clerical responsibilities you had. In this section, you can explain what skills you used in handling children and you can explain what methods you used to educate them. Present all your duties and what achievements you had in every position. Don't forget to mention the name of the position you held and the period of employment.
The education section of your nanny resume can be quite detailed. Present your qualifications in reverse chronological order and start with your most recent degrees. You should present more details about the training you have as a Nanny. The final section of your nanny resume should focus on things you do outside your work, like affiliations or personal achievements. In this section, you can mention internships, clubs or associations you frequent.
A nanny is required to possess good judgment, excellent organizational and planning skills. These workers also need to be highly resistant to stress, to be adaptable and flexible. Multi-tasking and time management skills are also very important because they are usually required to perform various duties in an exact time-frame. All the skills mentioned above are important because a nanny needs to be able to create a safe and secure environment for children so that they can develop mentally, physically and emotionally.
Name: Barbara Adams
Birth Date: 25.02.1978
Marital Status: Married
Children: Yes, one.
Driver's License: Yes
Seeking a challenging position as a nanny in a well-organized company where I can use my great adaptability and my strong communication skills, my extensive knowledge in the field and my solid educational background.
Dynamic and creative nanny with excellent judgment skills and extensive experience in providing a stimulating environment for children; creative and innovative ideas for providing a quality education to a child.
Qualities and Skills
- Seven years experience in child care
- Adaptability and flexibility with dynamic actions
- Extraordinary resistant to stress and with developed judgment skills
- Efficient communication and time management skills
- Outstanding multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- Possess teaching certification for home schooling or tutoring in a private home
- Certification in First Aid and CPR.
Nanny, Private Home, New York, NY, 2008-present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read stories and books to children and interpreted the characters in the stories
- Bathed and cleaned children
- Prepared and fed children
- Provided appropriate discipline and education
- Responsible for the learning education of children
- Organized the daily activities and the playing schedule
- Drove the children to and from school, practices or other activities on a daily basis
- Helped the children with the homework and school projects
- Attended to school meetings and events with the children.
Nanny, Private Home, New York, NY, 2006-2008
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepared home meals and school food packages for the child
- Cleaned and sanitized kitchen and dining room after meals
- Washed and ironed the clothes of the child for school and other events
- Developed daily creative educational activities
- Prepared and supervised the rest and nap of the child
- Performed and maintained proper hygiene activities of bedrooms and playing areas of child.
Nanny, Private Home, New York, NY, 2003-2008
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the children care and for housekeeping
- Responsible for arranging and organizing the daily activities of children such as studying, meals, baths, personal habits, restrictions or playing activities
- Provided a safe environment to help the children develop smoothly
- Educated children by using creative and innovative ideas and techniques
- Performed other activities as required such as ironing, shopping, etc.
Bachelor's Degree of Arts with Major in Child Care, New York University
Certified Early Childhood Educator, New York State in the year 2000
Affiliations and Achievements
Dean's Lister, New York University, 2003
Areas of Interest
References available upon request