Part Time Work Resume Templates
"Politics should be the part-time profession of every citizen." Dwight Eisenhower (1890-1969), American statesman (34th U.S. president: 1953-1961).
Part time jobs can be very diverse: in a work place - say a restaurant - or from home - actual or virtual, for students (mostly) or as second jobs, weekend jobs, night jobs, and others. Sometimes two part timers can share a single full time job equally.
Another type of part timing is called "term timing": the employee has a leave during school holidays so that he or she can take care of the kid(s). The employer has time to search for somebody to fill in the spot during that period of time.
The people who are working part time, are mostly students who need to pay university fees or who want some work experience when finishing their studies, single parents or mothers who want to do something while their kids go to school. However, the reasons for which a person chooses to work this way differ from one individual to another.
Part time workers have the same rights as full time workers:
- to sign a contracts with the company they work for
- to get the same rights of pay as full timers -get paid the same way, not as much
- to get special training when the need arises, just like the full timers
- holidays in the same proportion as the full timers
- not to be treated unfavorably or different than the others employees
- to parental and contractual leave
The biggest advantage to this type of employment is that you can choose when to work:
- In a restaurant, usually there is the need for you when there are more or too many clients: during lunch or dinner or the weekends. You might want or might be able to help more in the weekends and fulfill your hours' quota then. If they ask you to help also during the week, they will have to pay the extra hours the same way as they would to a full time employee.
- As a student, you might not have the same school schedule two weeks in a row, so you might be able to work the mornings or the evening in one week, or combined the other one. If that's the case, you just need to let the employer know beforehand, so he can make sure there is someone to cover the other hours. Whatever your reasoning might be, be sure that there is the perfect job for you with the working hours suitable to your needs.