Restaurant Resume TemplatesVery fine and elegant restaurants are fervently in need for new staff. As any other job in the food service industry, dining restaurants change employees quite often. Hostesses (or hosts), bartenders, wait staff, dish washers are the jobs with the biggest turnover in staff. These jobs do not require as much experience as restaurant managers, chief cuisine or others from the same category. In the restaurant industry, the rules about writing the best resume are different compared to other domains. This is because of the consisting changes that happen in this industry.
The entire introduction and the summary of qualifications have to be marked nicely and to the point. Every idea has to be mentioned once and has to highlight your best abilities for the job. The first think that a manager should see is the name, in clear characters and if possible on 14 font size. Some managers will prefer to receive electronic resume with Arial formats, and not less than 12 points for writing the whole resume, keeping the same format for fonts and size.
Objective has to be a real statement. A statement about how you will contribute to the welfare of the team, in which you will be part of, will create a great impression on the reader. Underline how your past experience and your growing potential will make this happen and your career is settled. To be received well, restaurant resume has to be typed in Microsoft Word. There is no point in using any new programs which are not available to all. If the employer does not have the last edition of your updated software, the job opportunity might fly through the window. He or she might not contact you via email, and you will lose a big opportunity just because of this. Restaurant resume must be an open book of your experience, but it will be a shame to make a resume, that will probably be deleted from the inbox.
The most important part following is the work experience resumed in reverse chronological order. All the experience that might interest someone should start not more than 10 years ago. What will be really interested to follow is the variety of the jobs and if you experience any professional developments in between. This is not mathematics; what will interest is your personal growth in this line of industry. Each job in which you have worked should contain statements regarding activities from every position. Following, will be education and availability. If you are a student and want to compete for the open job, the name of the school has to be included in a different section on the resume. For the current school, make sure to list the dates and hours in which you will be there. References and recommendations should be made available, if asked during the interview.
Street Address: 123 Maina Street
Atlanta, Giorgia, 30339
Telephone: (555) 555-1253
Looking for the Position of Restaurant Hostess
Talented and customer focused with over 5 years experience in restaurants, looking forward to put all my experience to the best welfare of the company.
Summary and Qualifications
- Good ability to work in a team
- Through knowledge of Health and Safety Acts
- Multi tasking abilities
- Exceptional ability to relate to customers.
Qualifications and Skills
- Supervisor, quality control service
- Very good knowledge of Function Delivery
- Excellent ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Skills of communication • writing and speaking
Restaurant Hostess, Romano Restaurant, Minneapolis, 2002 - Present
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and coordinate activities of dining room personnel
- Dining reservations schedule and arranging parties with special services or dinners
- Greet guests, escort to tables, and provide them with written menus
- Manage all the complains
- Working as task coordinator for the personnel working for the dining room, ensuring courteous service
- Dining room serving inspection
- Management of the personnel
- Training for the dining room employees
- Assisting on planning menus
- Expedite food orders and prepare for beverages
- Cash registry and sales at the end of the shift
- Payment collects from customers
- Assuring an efficient running for the restaurant and coffee shop, by management of the stocks
- High hygiene and cleanliness on all shared areas.
Associate Degree, Hotel and Hospitality Management, University of Atlanta, 2000
Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
Area of Interest
References available upon request